Monday, June 6, 2011

Tonight was Burger night!

Tonight was the first time I've cooked in a hot long time.  I've been sick, and before that busy, so I've just gotten completely away from cooking.  Number one, that is extremely bad for our budget.  And Number two, it's extremely bad for my body.

So, I've got high aspirations for this week.  Tonight's dinner was moderately to mildly tasty.  The problem is that I started with frozen burgers (Laura's Lean burgers).  I've made them one other time, and as expected they continue to be very blah.  The burgers are very thin, very lean AKA dry, and not very fresh.  My advice is to get yourself some yummy lean ground meat from the store, and make your own burgers on the weekend.  Freeze those babies, and then they are at your fingertips whenever the burger urge hits you.  I should have just made 4 fresh burgers, but should of, could of, would of.... But, it was dinner, and it was quick.

As a side I made oven broiled diced potatoes.  They were delicious, but stuck to the pan.  :-) I mean, don't you understand why I might not cook again for another 10 days LOL.  But, regardless, I bought 2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced them.  Coated them in a tablespoon of olive oil, seasoned with garlic salt, fajita seasoning, and paprika.  Popped them into the oven at 450 for 15 minutes and they were just about done.  Nice and crunchy, with a little soft center.  Perfect!  OK almost perfect, if it weren't for them sticking to the pan.

 Dinner was served, and consumed by 6:38.  That is a good deal.  I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner tomorrow, but I'm certainly cooking!  Be on the lookout for an updated dinner blog then.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment